July 13, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Chiropodist, Chiropody Program Clinic position with The Michener Institute.
(July – September 2018)
SUMMER JOB FOR NEW GRADUATES
- Under the direction of the Chair, the Chiropodist is responsible for providing clinical service and care
- Providing quality podiatric assessment, treatment and care to individuals referred or self-referred to the clinical site
- Facilitating a positive learning environment for both the clients and students at the clinic
- Providing feedback on student progress and achievement, while providing student advisement and remedial assistance
- Oversight of students in their clinical rotations
- A relevant professional diploma
- Previous teaching experience with knowledge in evaluative techniques (preferred)
- Current registration with the COCOO a must
- Membership with OSC and CFPM preferred
- Current CPR and basic first aid
- Current VSC
- All immunizations up to date
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter
noting posting #18-17CPT to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.