The mandate for the Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation is to support the vision and strategic direction of Michener’s academic programs. CLIS instructional designers, learning specialists and support staff work with stakeholders towards effective curriculum development and the delivery of best practice simulation methodology in order to maximize student learning. CLIS coordinates curriculum, faculty and organizational development activities. In concert with interprofessional collaboration and education initiatives (IPC and IPE) at Michener, CLIS provides expertise in competency-based, simulation-enhanced curriculum design and evaluation.
What we do
- Guide faculty in current pedagogical and assessment best practices
- Assist with continuous quality improvement through consultation, recommendations and coaching
- Consult with Michener programs on all aspects of teaching and learning
- Act as an incubator for new ideas and innovative program development
- Lead and participate in research related to the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Provide resources and support for media development and AV production
- Provide expertise in online course design and delivery
- Offer faculty assistance for course revisions
CLIS provides best-practice educational development for faculty in online instruction, learning-centred educational strategies, facilitation and debriefing skills, curriculum design and development, interprofessional and simulation-based education, curriculum design software WIDS (Worldwide Instructional Design System), the simulation development software platform (LearningSpace©)and the e-learning platform (BlackBoard©).
Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation (CLIS)
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON M5T 1V4
Phone: (416) 596-3101
Fax: (416) 596-1207