133-19 Temporary Full-Time Registered Dietitian, Diabetes Education
Headwaters Health Care Centre
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a medium-size acute and complex continuing care facility, offering both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as an Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage, and serves over 135, 000 primarily from the communities of Dufferin County and the Town of Caledon. Headwaters is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, the highest designation a hospital can receive. By offering care closer to home and putting patients first, Headwaters aims to provide an exceptional experience every time.
As a member of the Diabetes Education team, the Registered Dietitian will provide diabetes education and self-care Behaviour change support to patients and their families.
• Graduate of a recognized university with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition degree (or equivalent) and accredited Dietetic Internship Program.
• Registered as a member of College of Dietitians of Ontario and in good standing
• Certified Diabetes Educator is preferred
• Recent experience working with diabetic patients
• Experience working with insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors is preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of evidence-based practice and benchmarking against best practices
• Demonstrated ability to provide care, counseling and education to people with diabetes
• Demonstrated ability to provide education on an individual and group basis
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a team focus
• Self-directed individual with the ability to work both independently and in partnership with members of the inter- professional team
• Creative problem-solver with a solution focus and patient-centered approach
• Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service with patients, families, staff, colleagues, and community partners
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and EMR (Meditech)