Administrative Assistant – Programs and Practice Support
The College of Family Physicians of Canada
About the CFPCRepresenting more than 39,000 members across the country, the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is the professional organization responsible for establishing standards for the training, certification and lifelong education of family physicians and for advocating on behalf of the specialty of family medicine, family physicians and their patients. The CFPC accredits postgraduate family medicine training in Canada’s 17 medical schools.Our Mission: Leading family medicine to improve the health of all people in Canada—by setting standards for education, certifying and supporting family physicians, championing advocacy and research, and honouring the patient-physician relationship as being core to our profession. Our Vision: Leading family medicine. Improving lives.Our Values: Caring; Learning; Collaboration; Responsiveness; Respect; Integrity; and Commitment to Excellence.
2630 Skymark Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario
Essential Duties include:
• Responds to MIGS and KET general inquiries via phone and email in a timely fashion and in
adherence to the CFPC’s customer service standards.
• Schedules the MIGS and KET team and business meetings, drafts agendas, writes meeting minutes/highlights, distributes minutes/highlights promptly after the meeting and follows up on action items as needed.
• Coordinates travel arrangements and processes PPS department’s management staff’s expense claims.
• Maintains the MIGS and KET shared inboxes and calendars.
• Assists with the maintenance of the department’s shared drives, webpages, and other record management systems.
Communications and Event Planning Support
• Provides basic editing of documents including creation of charts, tables, graphics, etc., and other materials for use in various projects and publications. This includes formatting letters, reports and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
• Works with other staff within the Professional Development and Practice Support Division (PDPS) to support the PPS department’s inventory for conferences (e.g., brochures and other promotional items) including photocopying, replenishing stock, packing, shipping, and courier.
• Represents the PPS department at various local and national conferences, trade shows and other events.
• Provides logistic support for the PPS department’s various activities and contributions within the CFPC’s annual Family Medicine Forum (i.e., scheduling, preparing materials for the booth, etc.).
• Suggests and investigates promotional items and works with the Communications and Operations departments to for order placement.
• Plans and organizes team building and staff social events.
Committee and Project Work Support
• Organizes (through schedules/communication), participates in, and supports individual educational activities including webinars, instructional design, podcasts, and other family physician learning channels.
• Assists in the organization of the MIGS and the Guideline and Knowledge Translation Expert Working Group meetings and activities.
• Provides administrative support for special projects including scheduling meetings, maintains contact lists, prepares draft agendas, supports marketing initiatives through tasks such as preparing eblast forms and other mailing lists.
• Assists coordinators and managers with committee and working group meetings (i.e., working with Conferences and Events department to secure board room, order catering, arrange AV; prepare meeting materials such as expense forms, name tags, tent cards, etc., greeting members, AV support, ensuring catering arrival; processing member expenses, etc.).
• Maintains and regularly updates contact information databases.
• Supports departmental budget tracking and reporting (utilize department budget tracker to accurately record all existing and anticipated expenses; code, verify and submit invoices/committee expenses/cheque requisitions; reconcile internal tracking sheet against Finance Department’s General Ledger’s reports and follow-up on any discrepancies while keeping Manager appraised of remaining budget for operational expenses, any major projected expenses and potential shortfalls, etc.).
• Supports and tracks endorsement requests that are sent to committee members.
• Assists coordinators and managers to distribute information to members on MiGroups, the MIGS secured online collaboration platform. This includes posting approved discussion topics, attachments, creating event pages, etc.
• Provides coverage for the Self Learning Administrative Coordinator during planned and unplanned absences.
• Provides coverage for the MIGS Coordinators during planned and unplanned absences.
• Ensure effective and professional communications with all internal/external contacts
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
• Work in accordance with all CFPC policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable legislation
• Work in accordance with all health and safety requirements
• Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the CFPC Values
• Demonstrate competencies aligned with the CFPC Competency Framework
• Contribute to delivering on the overall work plan of the department and strategic goals of the CFPC
• Participate on special projects as required
• Participate on internal staff committees or working groups as required
• Assist with the onboarding of new team members as required
• Support the team and collaborate with colleagues to ensure department needs are met including absence coverage and cross-training as required
• College education (2-year certificate or 3-year diploma) in administrative studies
• Minimum of 2 years’ office experience
• Experience working in a member-based, professional and/or healthcare organization is an asset
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrated excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail in processing data
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Meeting minute-taking training/skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience working in a national environment is an asset
• Verbal and written communication skills, with ability to express ideas and opinions clearly and effectively in English; French is an asset
• Open-concept office environment
• 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
• Flexibility to work overtime at peak times may be required
If you share our passion, and are committed to living our CFPC Values
please submit a cover letter and your résumé referencing the posting# 2021-47 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
$45,000 to $50,000
Temporarily working remote
Talent Acquisition Specialist
2630 Skymark Avenue