Anaesthesia Assistant – Full-Time and Job Share
Joseph Brant Hospital
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital in beautiful Burlington, Ontario, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and continues with the largest capital redevelopment in its history.
Joseph Brant Hospital is currently seeking 2 Anaesthesia Assistants to join their multidisciplinary team. The positions available are for regular full-time and job share (0.50 FTE).
Reporting to the Manager, Operating Room, the Anaesthesia Assistant ensures the highest quality of anaesthetic care in the Operating Room, Endoscopy Suite, PACU and Labour & Delivery Suite, in collaboration with and under the direction of the Anaesthesiologist.
Responsibilities in this position are as follows:
• Establish peripheral venous access
• Institute non-invasive physiologic monitoring modalities
• Perform arterial line insertions/arterial puncture/arterial sampling
• Assist Anaesthesiologist with all aspects of the anaesthesia care plan(pre-anaesthetic preparation, induction, maintenance, emergence & continuity of care, postoperative period)
• Assist Anaesthesiologist with management of life-threatening situations
• Setup, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot machines
Your qualifications must include;
• Graduate from a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy
• A member in good standing with the CRTO (College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario)
• Successful completion of the CBRC exam
• Minimum 3 years Critical Care experience, and Operating Room experience is required
• Successful completion of an accredited Anaesthesia Assistant Program required
• Must be able to communicate effectively and be a high functioning team member
• Must be willing to commit to personal and professional development
• Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability
• Must be able to perform without direct supervision and be self-motivated
• Current certification in NRP and ACLS
• Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
To be considered for this position, please apply with a resume and cover letter to Posting #764 on the JBH Careers website.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.
Human Resources Specialist
1230 North Shore Boulevard