Anesthesia Assistant (Full Time)
St. Joseph's Health Centre - Toronto
At St Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto, everything we do is aimed at living our mission and achieving our vision of advancing the health of our community by being Canada’s best community teaching health centre. This means we are committed to delivering exceptional experiences, shaping care through teaching and education, and providing seamless services for patients.A Catholic hospital fully accredited with exemplary standing by Accreditation Canada, St. Joe’s Toronto is fortunate to be home to an entire community of people who live our values and mission every day — the staff, physicians, volunteers and students — that our patients and families will get to know during their experiences with us.Working here means more than having a job; it means being part of a community where each and every member of our team is recognized and appreciated.
As a university affiliated program, the Surgical Program offers a range of care and procedures from Thoracic and General Surgery to Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics and Urology. Patients from infancy to the elderly are cared for by our exceptional team of surgeons, anesthetist, health professionals and support staff. Our program has 10 OR and 3 Cystoscopy suits. The Anaesthesia Assistant provides clinical care and technical assistance to the Department of Anaesthesia with the set up and monitoring of anaesthesia in all areas of the Operating Room, PACU, Labour and Delivery, Diagnostic Imaging, Cystoscopy and all other related areas where anaesthesia may be involved, in accordance with professional standards, hospital policies, medical directives and physician’s orders.
1. Must have completed an Advanced Anaesthesia Assistance Certificate Program
2. Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Anaesthesia Assistant in either critical care or the operating room.
3. Must hold BCLS Certification.
4. ACLS and PALS required or completion within 6 months of hire.
5. Must be a member in good standing with the CRTO.
6. Membership to CAS and CSRT AA SIG recommended.
7. NRP is considered an asset.
8. Must have experience providing in-service education.
9. Satisfactory attendance record.
Mon- Fri Days (0730 - 1530)/ Evenings (1500-2300) & Weekend Days
30 The Queensway, Toronto, ON