Bone Mineral Density (BMD/DEXA) technologist
Toronto Grace Health Centre (Yonge and Bloor)
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides specialized care to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post Acute Care Rehabilitation, Transitional care and Palliative Care services, as well as a wide range of outpatients in the community. The care and services provided at TGHC help facilitate patient flow through the health care system and ensures recovery to those individuals who may return to their homes. Our organization is committed to collaborating with patients and families in their journey through the health care system effectively supporting their integration back into the community. Are you passionate about the work you do and the contribution you can make? If so, we have an exciting contract opportunity available and offer a great place to work. We live our values in all that we do and value our staff, volunteers and physicians.
Yonge and Bloor (650 Church St., Toronto, ON, M4Y2G5)
• Responsible for ensuring patient identification, safety and preparation are correct prior to a scan while maintaining patient confidentiality.
• Greets patient, explain forthcoming tests, position and prepares the patient for their examination.
• Perform a variety of diagnostic procedures in the department, in accordance with applicable legislation, clinical standards and departmental procedures. Complies with safe radiation practices at all times.
• Perform bone mineral density testing and radiography procedures
• Perform X-ray scans using portable equipment
• Calibrate densitometry equipment as required
• Ensure proper protocols are followed to report critical findings to the clinic physicians.
• Ensure all quality control assessments are performed as required. Takes all reasonable precautions and work in compliance with related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices.
• Confirm procedures for proper equipment maintenance are completed in accordance with clinic standards.
• Ensure all equipment is well maintained and in good working order.
• Assists in maintaining inventory of required supplies.
• Work productively and professionally as a team with the entire Office Administration team and other interprofessional members of the CHC team.
• Ensure open communication across teams in order to ensure best possible patient care is provided at all times.
• Other duties as required by Physicians, such as assisting the Office Administration team.
• Current registration with the CMRITO and fulfilling the annual required continuing education as per CMRITO
• Prior X-ray and densitometry experience a plus
• Certified to perform and immediately capable of performing general X-ray and bone density testing
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills with a well-developed patient service focus.
• Effective problem-solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced clinic
• Strong relationship management skills, including the ability and desire to collaborate with others as well as build strong and positive relationships with other members of the team.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstration of a high degree of discretion.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, and the ability to make independent decisions, displaying a high level of initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record required.
Flexible - currently up to 1-2 days/week, with opportunities to increase based on volumes. Weekday, evening or weekend options available.
650 Church St.
416 925 2251
416 925 3211