Cardiac Medical Sonographer
Interior Health Authority
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care – all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
We are looking for a patient-focused team player to fill a Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist position at Kelowna General Hospital. The successful applicant with work within the hospital’s Echo Lab.
The Echo Lab is part of a large Diagnostic Cardiology Department, which includes Interior Health’s Regional Heart Cath Lab and Angioplasty Program, ECG, Stress Testing, Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, and Cardiac Device Clinic. Services include Adult and Pediatric Echo, Stress Echo (Treadmill, Bike, Dobutamine), Transesophageal Echo, Contrast and Bubble Echo. Approximately 11,500 inpatient and outpatient Echo exams performed annually.
The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties while working in collaboration with Radiologists, Cardiologists, Physicians and other health care professionals.
Some typical duties include:
• Receiving, verifying and processing requisitions from Physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
• Performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols. Performing related calculations and technical analysis to aid Physicians in the interpretation of scans.
• Organizing workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
• Monitoring patient care and safety by ensuring procedures adhere to department standards, policies and protocols.
Ultrasound equipment consists of:
• Philips IE33, GE Vivid S6
• Philips Epic 7
• Meditech HIS
• McKesson CPACs
Our Diagnostic Cardiac team provides an exceptional professional environment for Medical Imaging and offers the opportunity to join a healthcare team dedicated to excellent clinical and communication skills, professionalism, and commitment to teamwork. We have a future of unparalleled opportunity for professional growth.
If this wonderful career opportunity fits your style, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving City of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the South Central Region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Adult and Peds Echo) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers as required for the assigned practice area.
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
505 Doyle Avenue