Interior Health Authority
Interior Health is a regional health authority in British Columbia. It is one of the five publicly-funded regional health authorities, serving the southern Interior region of British Columbia.
Kelowna General Hospital’s Echocardiography Department has a career opportunity for a permanent part time (0.79FTE) Cardiac Sonographer to join its team of healthcare professionals. This position works rotating day and evening shifts.
The hospital is a 317 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. Adjacent to Kelowna General is the Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC), which provides timely, much needed surgeries to patients who require lifesaving procedures. The KGH Cardiac Program has expanded in recent years and includes:
• Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation
• Electrophysiology & Heart Rhythm Services
• Cardiac Catheterization
• Cardiac Surgery
• Rapid Access to Cardiac Evaluation (RACE) clinic
• Heart Function clinic
• Cardiac Device Implantation & Management
The Cardiac Sonographer performs cardiac diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations for inpatient and outpatient examinations. In addition to adult transthoracic echocardiography, the technologist is required to carry out pediatric and neonatal transthoracic echocardiography as required and will be supported in further developing these skills. The KGH echo team also provides stress echos, transesophageal echo, contrast/bubble echo and as of recently, supports intra-procedural echo needs for both TAVI and electrophysiology cases. The cardiac sonographer works in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals and is responsible for proper use and maintenance of the ultrasound equipment.
We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health. Experience the difference of working for the public sector; where it feels good to give back.
Be part of a dynamic team! To explore an exciting new career opportunity, apply online today!
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
$33.29 - $41.61/hour
505 Doyle Ave
Job Posting Link