Georgian Radiology Consultants
Georgian Radiology Consultants is locally owned and operated.We have proudly provided diagnostic imaging services throughout Simcoe County for 50 years. With 5 Independent Health Facilities in Barrie, Innisfil, Collingwood and Wasaga Beach we employ over 70 hardworking and dedicated individuals.Our team is committed to providing:• Exceptional and compassionate patient care• Prompt and timely service to our referring health care professionalsOur team leaders are committed to:• Creating a safe and healthy work environment where our employees can grow personally and professionally• Operating with integrity and promoting excellence in every facet of the services that we provide• Growing and building strategic partnerships to meet the needs of the communities that we serve
We are looking for a skilled Cardiology Technologist to join our team. As an integral member of the Nuclear Medicine team, the technologist will collaborate with a Nuclear Medicine Technologist to perform persantine stress procedures, under physician supervision.
The technologist must be patient-focused and capable of performing high quality non-invasive cardiac diagnostic procedures safely and proficiently, in accordance with standards of practice, radiation safety principles, and GRC protocols. We are currently hiring for a part-time role primarily based at our Innisfil location.
• Proper patient identification, verification of patient pregnancy and/or breastfeeding status, explanation of procedure, responding to patient questions, and obtaining patient history and consent.
• Patient preparation and use of proper techniques as outlined in procedure manual or as requested by physician, to perform nuclear medicine stress tests, data processing, data storage and management on workstations, and database management in EMR.
• Patient monitoring, including EKG and blood pressure throughout persantine stress testing procedures under physician supervision.
• Providing excellent patient care, including recognizing deteriorating patient condition or an emergency event.
• Ensuring equipment is performing accurately and efficiently.
• Adhering to policies and completing provided training for GRC’s Radiation Safety Program.
• Digital post-processing of patient data, preparing written and electronic reports, and PACS/EMR use.
• Participating in educational, safety, and quality improvement programs/activities.
• Ensuring that the lab is clean and orderly with adequate supplies available.
• Participating in orientation training of new staff.
• Adhering to responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act and clinic procedures at all times.
• Graduate of a recognized program in Cardiovascular Technology or equivalent.
• Active registration (or eligible for registration) with CSCT / OSCT.
• Professional liability insurance required.
• Current BCLS certificate required; ACLS an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of advanced arrhythmia with capability to recognize and respond to abnormal results.
• Experience in nuclear cardiology and/or pharmacologic stress preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to patient care.
• Completion of an accredited phlebotomy course and/or IV insertion experience an asset.
• Ability to communicate with a high level of professionalism.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and show flexibility.
• Independent judgement, skill, and initiative in the performance of work duties.
• Must have a friendly and professional attitude towards patients, team members, and leadership.
• Discretion and maturity in handling confidential matters.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge and proficiency with EMRs.
• Satisfactory criminal record name check.
To apply: Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Terri Holbrough at firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Pacs and Billing Lead
11 LAKESIDE TERRACE
705 726 7538