Chiropodist (0.6FTE) – 1 Year Maternity Leave Replacement
Scarborough Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT)
The Scarborough Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT) is governed by a Mixed Board (Physicians + Community Members). It is a multi-site Family Health Team located within Eastern Toronto using a collaborative model to provide comprehensive primary care for rostered patients.
Maybe located at two sites
In collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, the Chiropodist provides the following services:
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in
consultation with all inter-professional team members
and family physicians.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work effectively in
a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in professional
development implementations and program evaluation.
• Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal and
• Working with diverse multi-cultural, social and
economically stratified populations.
• Experience working with medically compromised clients
(e.g Diabetes, CVD, etc.).
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
and other relevant legislation required.
• Maintain electronic patient records, demonstrating
appropriate practices such as time management and
• Provide consultation to staff and physician of SAFHT
within areas of expertise.
• Completion of Bachelor of Science and Graduate
Advanced Diploma of Health Sciences (Chiropody) with
two to three years of clinical experience.
• Registered and in good standing with the College of
Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Computer skills are required (Microsoft). Experience
with EMR would be an asset.
• Experience in an inter-professional team-based setting
would be an asset.
Interested candidates may send their applications to the attention of the Hiring Committee at email@example.com by Friday December 22, 2023. SAFHT would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
101-2901 Lawrence Avenue East
416-439-7473 ext 102