Rexdale Community Health Centre
The Rexdale Community Health Centre (the “Centre) is a multi-service Centre providing an important array of primary health care, settlement, community support, health promotion and community development activities to a diverse community with a focus on women, families, youth and seniors.
The position reports to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Prevention.
• Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical foot care activities according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Develop, implement and evaluate chiropody health promotion activities in the community by identifying health needs and increasing awareness of chiropody services.
• Design and manufacture orthotics and follow-up as a means of therapeutic and palliative treatment for the lower limbs.
• Ensure chiropody areas, resources, materials, and equipment are maintained.
• Participate in the development of protocols and procedures needed to improve client service or to promote more effective staff functioning.
• Maintain complete and accurate medical records and participate in chart reviews.
• Ensure the efficient operation of the chiropody clinic through regular updating of statistical records, ordering of supplies, maintaining and updating inventory.
• Refer to other Centre services dealing with individual clients or groups (i.e. team approach).
• Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews and case conferences, and make referrals.
• Work with the primary care team and other health centre teams to identify and take action on community health issues.
• Degree from an accredited school of chiropody.
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodist of Ontario without limitations.
• Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in the theory and practice of chiropody and orthotics.
• At least three years chiropody experience in a community health or hospital setting.
• Experience in program development implementation, monitoring and evaluation, will be an asset.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and resources.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of medical and laboratory terminology, medical record procedures, charting, and current health and safety hazards and preventative practices.
• Knowledge of appointment scheduling, using software (i.e. Nightingale, NOD).
• Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community.
• Ability to speak a second language (i.e., Punjabi, Spanish, Hindi, Somali, Twi, Urdu, etc.).
• Ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
• Knowledge of the Rexdale Community Health Centre catchment area is an asset.
$59,530 to $71,720 annually (depending on experience), plus benefits and HOOPP
Starting date: ASAP
Status: Non-unionized position
Closing date for applicants: May 19, 2019
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Generalist
Please quote “Chiropodist” in subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; only those invited to interviews will be contacted.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633
The Rexdale Community Health Centre is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from people representing the diverse community we serve. Rexdale CHC strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes please contact Human Resources at Liberty.Hacala@rexdalechc.com for assistance.
Human Resources Generalist
8 Taber Road, Etobicoke ON M9W3A4