Gateway Community Health Centre
Gateway Community Health Centre (Gateway), located in Tweed, Ontario, provides primary health care with a focus on health promotion and illness prevention through an inter-professional team in a collaborative practice model. Gateway supports populations at all ages and stages of life with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or experiencing barriers to accessing services. A systems perspective, a focus on community health, and attention to continuous improvement are essential to the success of the position. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive work environment.
• Conduct high risk foot health assessments/care, including assessment and treatment of pathological foot conditions
• Administer substances by injection and prescribes indicated medications within the limitations of their professional licenses.
• Perform surgical procedures in accordance with the standards of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Dispense and modify offloading devices
• Maintain clear, accurate, and timely documentation including EMR, requisitions, reports, and encounters as required in a Microsoft Office environment.
• Provide foot health education to clients and health care professionals
• Collaborate with clients and other providers to establish priorities and ensure coordination of the care plan.
• Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of chiropody services to ensure program success.
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario with evidence of current liability insurance
• Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team of health care professionals
• Demonstrated commitment to taking a leadership role in health promotion and disease prevention and management
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal/communication skills
• Experience in wound care
• Experience and/or openness to working with individuals who face barriers accessing traditional health care institutions
• Respectful of the values and diversity of the communities and individuals we serve
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible while working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and the Centre’s hours of operation. As such the position entails evening shifts.
Gateway offers a competitive salary ($62k-$75k per year) and benefits package including HOOPP.
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter and resume by 4:00pm on Monday, August 17, 2020 via email to: Humanresources@gatewaychc.org. When submitting by email, indicate Chiropodist 082020 in the subject line.
Gateway is an inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and can provide assistance and accommodation on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information: www.gatewaychc.org
Manager Human Resources and Operations
41 McClellan Street, Bag Service 99