Chiropodist – Footcare Clinics
Halton Healthcare is an award winning healthcare organization comprised of three community hospitals and numerous community-based services in the growing urban and rural communities of Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville. Reflecting the dynamic communities we serve, we take pride in offering some of the finest technology and healthcare expertise available in southwestern Ontario.Our hospitals - Georgetown Hospital, Milton District Hospital and Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital - are very much a part of Halton's rich history and have a long-standing tradition of providing quality care to many generations of area families. Together, we serve a population of almost 400,000 residents.
To assess and treat foot conditions in a clinic and hospital setting, as well as in the community in retirement and long term care homes.
To contribute to creating a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and others, working in compliance with the hospital code of conduct and the provisions of health and safety policies and legislation. Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and report hazards.
- Assess and treat foot conditions.
- Treatment consists of patient education, routine foot care, wound management, nail surgery, custom orthotics, compression stockings and provision of foot care products and orthopedic footwear.
- Function as a collaborative member of the department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Shoe Fitter and administrative team to provide a quality customer focused service and a successful revenue generating department.
- Providing community based foot care as required to retirement and long term care homes if necessary.
- Demonstrated competency in chosen profession; consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice and hospital-based standards
- Demonstrated patient and consumer focus; makes a commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all internal and external customers
- Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved in patient care is valuable
- Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, and to speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
- Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every coworker, patient or family member with understanding and kindness and hold in high regard and respond appropriately to the needs of self and others
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility; to model a sound understanding of, and work within, the financial boundaries of Halton Healthcare funding
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recognized diploma in Chiropody required
- Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Experience in providing clinical care, particularly to the elderly
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound problem solving skills
- Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
- Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel within - Halton and surrounding areas if necessary
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Monday to Sunday, days & evenings, 7.5 Hour shifts. Hours are subject to change based on operational needs.
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
HR Advisor, Recruitment & HR Operations
3001 Hospital Gate
905 845 2571
Job Posting Link