CHIROPODIST (Permanent Part-Time)
Gateway Community Health Centre
Gateway Community Health Centre (GCHC), located in Tweed, offers a range of comprehensive primary health care and health promotion programs through an inter-professional team. In keeping with the CHC Model of Health and Wellbeing and our Mission, Vision, and Values, GCHC supports populations at all ages and stages of life with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or experiencing barriers to accessing services.Tweed, Ontario is located just 30 minutes north of Belleville on Highway 37, an hour north west from Kingston and an hour south east of Peterborough.
As a member of the inter-professional primary care team, the Chiropodist will provide high risk foot care/wound care services to clients with a chronic disease (i.e. diabetes), including assessment and treatment of pathological foot conditions, dispensing and modifying offloading devices, and working in collaboration with other services for complete client care. The Chiropodist will provide these services at multiple sites throughout Central and North Hastings on a rotational basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Conduct high risk foot health assessments/care, identify priorities for treatment and in collaboration with the Primary Care Team, develop treatment plans
• Review and maintain pertinent client information to ensure complete and accurate chiropody record within the Electronic Medical Record
Education and Health Promotion
• Provide foot health education to clients and health care professionals to promote patient health and disease prevention
• Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of chiropody services to ensure program success.
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team of health care professionals
• Demonstrated commitment to taking a leadership role in health promotion and disease prevention and management
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal/communication skills
• Experience in Wound Care
• Experience using Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
• Respectful of the values and diversity of the communities and individuals we serve
• Valid Ontario driver’s license, insurance and access to a vehicle
• New graduates welcome
35 hours bi-weekly
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter and resume, including the names and contact information for three (3) work-related references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting by email, include the position title in the subject line.
GCHC is an inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and can provide assistance and accommodation on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information: www.gatewaychc.org
41 McClellan Street, Bag Service 99, Tweed, ON K0K 3J0