Chiropodist, Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
The Chiropodist is a primary health care practitioner and a member of the Health Services Team and works closely with team members to provide foot care services to clients. The Chiropodist provides services at nine (9) Community Health Centres on a rotational basis.
The successful candidate is required to provide services at the Rideau Community Health Services (Merrickville, Ontario) site one day per week as part of the position.
Education and Language
• Graduation from an accredited school of chiropody.
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
• Under the Centre’s designation to provide French Language Services:
- French (oral expression): Advanced
- French (oral comprehension): Advanced
- French (reading comprehension): Advanced
• Fluency in English, both oral and written
• Three to five years’ experience in a community-based primary care setting
• Experience working with a broad range of populations, including: youth, street involved , people with or at risk of psychiatric disability, people with addictions, multi-cultural communities and disenfranchised groups
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in the theory behind and practical application of chiropody
• Knowledge of the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health
• Knowledge of adult education techniques
• Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work under stress with multiple demands
• Ability to use a capacity-building approach in working with clients
• Ability to be flexible, cooperative and work as part of a team
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to perform well under stress and to deal with multiple demands and unpredictable days
• Ability to deal effectively with a diverse community of all ages and hard-to-serve clients
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
• Demonstrated flexibility, good judgment, tact, initiative & creativity
• Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals
• Sensitivity and alertness to signs of a client in crisis
• Pays attention to detail
Please apply online using the link below.