Chiropodist – Sumac Creek Health Centre
St. Michael's Hospital
Competition #: 824578Job Title: Chiropodist - Sumac Creek Health CentreJob Category: Health DisciplinesNew Work Type: Part-Time PermanentPositions Available: 1Union Affiliation: NUPosted Date: 01/06/18Closing date: 10/06/18Salary Range: $34.39 - $41.07 per hourFTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001): 0.5The St. Michael's Hospital, Department of Family and Community Medicine operates a progressive community based Academic Family Health Team. With collectively over 60 physicians and nurse practitioners, our team is committed to providing comprehensive interdisciplinary patient care. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic team of health professionals on the leading edge of new and innovative patient care deliver models. The Chiropodist within the St. Michael’s Hospital Academic Family Health Team works collaboratively with the health care team to provide care to patients out of our Sumac Creek health Centre location.
Sumac Creek Health Centre, 83 Regent Park Blvd, Toronto, ON
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Chiropodist specializes and is responsible for the assessment and treatment of foot disorders including those of a structural or functional origin, congenital or acquired, and those disorders associated with disease, infections or injury.
• Works within the professional scope of practice, the Chiropodist will create management plans, provide treatment and follow-up of disorders and dysfunctions of the foot and ankle and maintain a patient load
• Provides consultations, assessments, treatments and follow-ups for patients with complex wounds and diabetic foot complications.
• Coordinates and delivers wound prevention and management education to patients and health professionals using a variety of modalities.
• Participates in research initiatives and quality improvement activities.
• Participates in teaching students, medical residents, staff and allied health
• Provides referrals and treatment plans, etc. to Family Practitioners, CCAC, and other community resources once patients are discharged from care.
• Must have graduated from a recognized and accredited Chiropody program (or equivalent)
• Must be currently registered and in good standing with the College of Chiropodist of Ontario (COCOO) for practice in all applicable clinical areas.
• Certification or specialized education in wound care and diabetic foot complications an asset
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in best practices wound care and diabetic foot, especially negative pressure wound therapy, pressure reduction surfaces and offloading devices.
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations and educational sessions
• Previous experience in research activities
• Current CPR certification
• Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
• Proven flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills as relates to patient care
• Demonstrated commitment to and involvement with own profession (e.g. membership with professional association, etc.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in variety of computer software applications
• Ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• In this position you will be required to a minimum of one evening shift per week as per the specific needs of the department.