Clinical Leader – Emergency Department / Intensive Care Unit
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Parry Sound, Ontario
Reporting to the Clinical Managers of the Emergency Department and the Intensive Care Unit, the Clinical Leader collaborates with the managers to support and promote quality care delivery to patients and families. The incumbent works with the inter-disciplinary team to deliver professional care with a focus on quality improvement, education, and health promotion.
The Clinical Leader assists in the strategic planning and continuous improvement of nursing services and the department; ensures full utilization of staff resources within the nursing department; facilitates and supports nursing personnel in the provision of quality nursing care; and facilitates communication and consistency of practice within the nursing management team.
• Minimum 5 years of recent relevant critical care clinical experience;
• Knowledge of adult learning principles;
• Regulated Health Care Professional, Registered Nurse required;
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience;
• Knowledge of roles within the interdisciplinary team;
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in delivery of patient care;
• Possess knowledge of nursing competencies;
• Demonstrated ability to support and lead change;
• Demonstrated background in critical decision making, and a leadership style that facilitates and promotes team work and the ability to motivate others;
• Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct correspondences and reports;
• Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare Programs;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and positive work references.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with both internal and external individuals;
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
Human Resources Advisor
6 Albert Street
Job Posting Link