Cytotechnologist – Health PEI
Health PEI is responsible for the operation and delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
This Medical Laboratory Technologist assists with the diagnosis and treatment of patients by performing a variety of standard examinations and procedures in Cytology.
Under supervision, the cytotechnologist is responsible for organizing time and resources for the effective conduct of laboratory examinations and procedures; participates in the Department's rotation of duties, and performs other related duties.
Duties will include:
- determining required procedure by reading requisitions and seeking clarification if necessary from physicians and paramedical staff;
- providing information to patients, physicians and paramedical staff regarding the regimes associated with various tests and specimen collections;
- preparing specimens for cytology examination using preservative, staining, and slide preparation techniques;
- screening both gynecological cytology and non-gynecological cytology slides;
- use of computerized data management and reporting systems in an efficient and effective manner;
- attending endobronchial ultrasound-guided biopsy procedures for rapid slide preparation and adequacy assessment;
- other duties as required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Technologist Program.
- Applicants must be a holder of a Medical Laboratory Cytology Certificate from an approved school of Medical Cytology.
- Must have current registration with the C.S.M.L.S. at the Registered Technologist level.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have a good previous work and attendance record.
37.5 hours per week. Work days, Monday - Friday.
$25.15 - $30.87 per hour