Direct Support Professional (Full-time, Part-time, Casual)
enVision Community Living
We are looking for Direct Support Professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and promoting inclusive societies. We provide a range of supports and services for people living with an intellectual disability in southeastern Manitoba.
The Direct Support Profession is a relationship, not just a job. This could be the beginning of a life-changing journey for you and all the people you'll help along the way. As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you support someone with a disability to live the life they want at work, at home, and in the community. And you'll find it helps you live life the way you want, too.
With on-the-job training, flexible hours, a supportive team, and so many surprising benefits and perks, the Direct Support Profession accommodates your needs while you're looking out for the needs of others.
Go into work knowing you're making a positive impact and your effort makes a difference in the lives of the people you support and those who love them. You're not just an employee-you're an advocate, walking alongside someone who may need support to fully access the community and feel included. Your work truly matters, and when you love what you do and how you're both growing, it doesn't feel like work.
Why work with enVision?
We provide competitive compensation and benefits package that includes extended health care for you and dependents, Employment Assistance Program, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, pension plan matching, and professional development.
As a Direct Support Professional, your goal is to assist, encourage, and advocate for people living with disabilities. From day-to-day activities like meal prep, personal care and hygiene, to visiting friends, running errands and exploring the city, you're along for the ride, wherever it may take you.
You're there to help people navigate the highs and lows of every day, build skills and independence, and try new things together. Some days are more challenging others, but helping people overcome obstacles and persevere is one of the most fulfilling parts of this job.
A deep sense of trust and personal connection with the people you assist will help pave the way for growth together. Create meaningful bonds by supporting them with their best interests and values in mind.
We're looking for good listeners and open people to work in our industry. If you share our values, we value this over previous experience or formal education.
What makes an exceptional Direct Support Professional? It's all about your soft skills and values. For example, if you prefer rigidity and control over flexibility and openness, then this position might not be a great fit.
Here are some of the qualities that will take your far in this career:
• A good sense of humour
• Positivity and creativity
• Empathy and warmth
• Good community connector
• Passion for social justice and human rights advocacy
• Remaining calm in stressful situations
If this sounds like you, we highly encourage you to apply!
• Application is open from January 09 - March 31, 2023
• We provide competitive compensation and benefits package that includes extended health care for you and dependents, Employment Assistance Program, short term disability, long term disability, pension plan matching, and professional development.
• This position requires satisfactory Criminal Record check with a clear Vulnerable Sector Search, clear Adult & Child Abuse Registry Checks, valid Manitoba driver's license, and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
• If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us in advance. Information received will be strictly confidential and will not affect the application.
How to Apply:
• Upload resume and cover letter to www.envisioncl.com/careers
• Internal Applicants must submit application directly to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
enVision Community Living is committed to inspiring equality, inclusion, and the value of all people. Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as Indigenous, as a woman, as a person with disability, and as member of a visible minority.
Director of Human Resources
84 Brandt Street
Job Posting Link
enVision Community Livingwebsite