Sault Area Hospital
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
JOB POSTING #: 070-085-2021
POSITION: ECG Technologist – Temporary Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Cardiac Combined
RATE: $26.37 - $30.40 hourly
SHIFTS: Shift work, may include days, increased evening and night shifts, weekends and statutory holidays
Purpose of Position:
To perform diagnostic non- invasive Cardiology tests and other designated duties.
1. Perform Cardiac Stress Testing.
2. Perform ECG Testing and Holter Monitoring.
3. Operate Holter Scanner.
4. Clean and maintain equipment, to ensure readiness.
5. Transfer exams to TraceMasterVue ECG Management system.
6. Promote professionalism within the Department with particular emphasis in confidentiality, personal appearance and teamwork.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from an accredited CardioVascular Technology Program
2. Knowledge in the use of:
a. Electrocardiograph units
b. Cardiac Stress testing units
c. Holter Monitor
d. Holter Scanner
3. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
4. Human relations skills including empathy, sensitivity, understanding of human and organizational behavior, motivational techniques and counseling skills (e.g. teaching patients).
5. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
6. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
7. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
8. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
9. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
10. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
11. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY : Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete OPSEU internal application form. Only those selected for testing/ interview will be contacted.
POSTED: January 29, 2021, 16:00 hours to February, 05, 2021, 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
Job Posting Link