Interior Health Authority
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care – all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
Kelowna General Hospital’s Echocardiography Department has a career opportunity for a relief full time Echocardiography Sonographer to join its team of healthcare professionals.
The hospital is a 317 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. Adjacent to Kelowna General is the new Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC). IHSC provides timely, much needed surgeries to patients who require lifesaving procedures. IHSC is Kelowna General Hospital’s principal surgical site and features:
• 9 specialized Operating Rooms created for Thoracic, Urology, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Plastics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ears Nose and Throat, Orthopedics, General and Trauma surgeries.
• 2 dedicated Cardiac ORs
• A Hybrid OR where minimally invasive surgery is performed under the guidance of specialized digital imaging.
• Supporting the training of tomorrow’s surgeons and physicians through an affiliation with the University of BC’s Faculty of Medicine’s Southern Medical Programs.
• Opportunity to work using the most current equipment and techniques.
The Echocardiographer performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties working in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health. Experience the difference of working for the public sector; where it feels good to give back.
Be part of a dynamic team! To explore an exciting new career opportunity, apply online today!
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
505 Doyle Avenue