Cambridge Memorial Hospital
Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.Our vision is to creating healthier communities together. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.Why Should You Apply to CMH?- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees- Employee & Family Assistance Program- Career Development & Education Grant- Wellness & Wellbeing Program- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion InitiativesCome be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
Temporary Contract: November 15, 2023 to January 15, 2025
This position will work weekdays. Perform general Echocardiography exams on adult and pediatric cases.
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
As a key member of the Diagnostic Cardiology Services Team, the Echocardiography Technologist will perform high quality adult and pediatric Echocardiography exams. The successful incumbent will work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members to deliver exceptional patient care. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited educational program in - Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography program required
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO) is required.
- Current registration as a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer (RDCS) with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) an/or current registration as a Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS) with Sonography Canada is required
- Minimum 1- 2 years of current Echocardiography Technologist experience preferred.
- Experience with Trans-Esophageal Echo (TEE), Exercise Echo and pediatrics preferred
- Experience with contrast Echo is an asset
- Meditech experience is an asset
- Current BCLS/CPR certification required
- Certification in IV skills is an asset
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills involving time management and prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome all applicants, including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Applicants may make requests for accommodations at any stage of the application, interview, or selection process by contacting Human Resources.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Manager of Diagnostic Imaging & Diagnostic Cardiology
Job Posting Link