Full-Time Cytology Medical Laboratory Technologist (211020)
Grand River Hospital
Responsible for performing all cytology related procedures including specimen preparation using Thin Prep technology, screening, troubleshooting methodologies, reporting, participating in Quality Assurance activities, attending EBUS procedure for rapid on-site assessment of specimen adequacy. Works under the direction of the Senior Cytotechnologist and Manager Histology/Cytology. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with the CMLTO – Cytology
• Certification with CSMLS - Cytology
• Knowledge of the requirements of the Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (IQMH) standards;
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word; pathology computer systems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Good attendance record.
Monday – Friday Days, 7.5 hour shifts (hours may change or vary due to operational need)
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources or your Recruitment Specialist for assistance.
Integrated Laboratory Manager for Histology & Cytology
835 King St W
Job Posting Link