Full-Time Registered Nurse – Diabetes Educator
London InterCommunity Health Centre
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have innovated new ways to continue to support our staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
The Diabetes Team at the London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) committed to providing high quality education and healthcare services to people living with diabetes, as well as people who are at risk of developing diabetes.
The DEP – RN provides high quality diabetes care, prevention services, education and programs to clients of the Health Centre and the broader community. In this role, The DEP-RN will provide individual diabetes education counselling, community outreach and health promotion/ education to individuals, families and the community.
The Registered Nurse - Diabetes works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, community development workers, and support staff.
This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, with some evening and weekend flexibility required.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of three (3) years diabetes clinical experience, preferably in primary care
- Awareness of and understanding of social determinants of health, health promotion and adult education principles
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgement
- Ability to assess and evaluate client’s health and social needs, as expressed by the client
- Experience facilitating individual and group education sessions
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (Telus Practice Solutions Suite currently in use)
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products
Nice to Haves:
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
What’s in it for you:
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, the Health Centre is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan:
- A competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being and prevent burnout
- Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
- Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. Please also indicate in the body of the email where you learned of this opportunity.
*With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be conducted in-person with appropriate physical distancing or online via Zoom to best meet Public Health Guidelines and the needs of the selected candidates. If the use of Zoom presents a barrier for candidates, alternate methods can be arranged.*
Submissions will only be accepted until November 22, 2020.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
659 Dundas Street
Job Posting Link