General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologists (Manitoba)
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.Shared Health is recruiting for multiple PERMANENT FULL-TIME positions to work in Northern Manitoba!
Under the general supervision of the Charge or designate, the General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for clinical analysis and reporting on patient samples according to established protocols. The General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologist is also responsible for assisting in general lab projects such as SOPs, chemical inventories, etc. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health Diagnostic Services, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
• Previous related experience preferred.
• Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program with attained certification by the CSMLS
• Successful completion of the CSMLS Prior Learning Assessment process for a discipline specialty, as deemed by the Employer may also be considered
• Current licensing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM) required.
• Current registration with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) preferred.
38.75 hrs weekly
$28.865 to $36.211 per hour PLUS Northern allowances and incentives
A Manitoba Northern Living Allowance and a further Northern Isolation/Remoteness Retention Allowance (of up to $10,000.00) is applicable in accordance with the current Shared Health/MAHCP collective agreement. Other benefits include relocation assistance with return of service and assistance with first three (3) months accommodation.
155 Carlton Street
Job Posting Link