Infection Prevention and Control
Interior Health Authority
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care – all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
We are looking for specialized Infection Prevention & Control (ICP) Registered Nurses who are looking for the opportunity to work on a casual basis at one of our many acute care sites across the southern interior of BC.
The ICP assists in promoting excellence in infection prevention and control practice and education through the application of practice standards and specialized infection prevention control knowledge and skills. The ICP uses quality improvement methodologies and epidemiological principles as a basis for program planning and implementation.
As a resource in infection prevention and health promotion, the ICP’s client base may include patients/residents/clients, families, front-line staff, managers, ancillary support staff, volunteers, medical staff, administrators and others. The incumbent will provide consultation and information that is research based and includes application of best practice in support of the client.
The ICP is responsible for contributing to excellence in client-centered care. This is accomplished through collaborative planning and organizing of activities necessary to meet Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) standards in the assigned departments, programs, facilities and sites fulfilling functions of health service, education and research.
Days of work are Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 on a casual as needed basis. Please specify in your application which location(s) you are interested in: Cranbrook, Kamloops, Kelowna, Nelson, Penticton, Salmon Arm, Vernon or Williams Lake.
If you would like to be part of our diverse nursing team and experience an excellent opportunity to influence infection prevention and control policies and procedures across the health care continuum, we would love to hear from you!
• Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing plus three (3) years’ recent relevant clinical experience in an acute or community setting, including two (2) years’ relevant experience in a designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) registration required.
• Completion, or current enrollment in an approved IPAC Canada sponsored and endorsed Infection Control course
• Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) with the Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC), or expectation that Certification in Infection Control (CIC) will be obtained within two (2) years of hire.
• Knowledge of the interrelationships between Acute, Residential, Community Health and Public Health Resources in the health delivery system.
• Strong working knowledge of program development and implementation and performance measures.
• Valid Class 5 vehicle license required.