Instructor, Health Education – Diabetes
College of the North Atlantic - Qatar
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centred learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will support the programs by planning, organizing, and teaching service courses in a manner that encourages applied student learning and development and is consistent with the college’s strategic mission and Technical Vocational Educational and Teaching (TVET) principles.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching and industry experience, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Instructor, Health Education: Diabetes at the College of the North Atlantic - Qatar.
The Instructor, Health Education: Diabetes is responsible to support the School of Health Sciences in the following areas:
The Instructor, Health Education: Diabetes is responsible to:
• Develop course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments to create an
optimum learning environment in alignment with the School’s curriculum outcomes, evolving
professional scopes of practice, and industry requirements.
• Deliver instruction to maximize student development and retention, employing a variety of teaching and
development strategies to meet diverse student needs.
• Contribute to faculty, course and program meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance
• Fulfill the role of subject-matter-expert through various program and campus-wide activities as well as
external industry and community engagements.
• Demonstrate a command of educational best practices within the discipline by aligning learning
assignments within practical industry-relevant contexts.
• Maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation purposes and engage in instructional
• Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance and provide prompt feedback, recording
grades and attendance within established deadlines.
• Learn, use and recommend educational technologies and resources to enhance learning experiences for
• Prepare high quality learning support materials using the College’s LMS (D2L) to engage learners.
• Maintain membership in relevant professional organizations.
• Initiate and contribute to scholarly and creative activities in support of Qatar’s research priorities.
• Provide substitution for colleagues in case of absence to ensure that there is no interruption in student
• Oversee the work of Teaching Assistants to ensure laboratory equipment is appropriately prepared for
instructional delivery and, appropriate supplies and instructional resources are available for lessons and
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Holds a Master’s degree in a related health program with a terminal diploma or degree in Nursing,
Health, Nutrition, Diabetes Education (or equivalent) from an accredited, recognised post secondary
• Holds professional licensure and current registration with a recognized Health Education: Diabetes
• Holds an unrestricted license for the state/country in which the program is located.
• A minimum of five (5) years of recent employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the
• Teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry-training environment.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Bilingual in English and Arabic is an asset.
• English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.0 and above.