Kirkland and District Hospital
Kirkland and District Hospital is a fully accredited 62 bed facility serving approximately 15,000 residents in Kirkland Lake and surrounding areas. In addition to acute and chronic beds, hospital services include an emergency department, an active surgical program, a full range of outpatient services and a busy visiting Specialist Program.
The successful applicant will work under general direction of the Manager, Diagnostic & Therapeutic Services with minimal supervision. The successful applicant will be responsible for the accuracy and reliability of all test results obtained by him/her. In addition, accepting work assignments and performing tests that will require the exercise of independent judgment will be expected.
Kirkland and District Hospital Offers:
• A competitive compensation package, on-site staff fitness centre, EAP program, ‘perks’ program.
• Eligibility to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• A commitment to professional and personal development including an Education Bursary program.
• A commitment to employee Wellness including work-life balance
• A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
• A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
• Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
• Preference will be given to applicants with experience in computer applications including Meditech
• Must be available for days, evenings, weekends, and on-call rotation as required
• The incumbent must be willing to provide services to the Englehart and District Hospital
• Excellent communication, decision-making, problem solving, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment
• Patient centered focus
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Other duties as assigned
Between 30 and 37.5 hours per week
31.87 per hour
Human Resources Assistant
145 Government Road East
705-567-5251 ext. 3204