Headwaters Health Care Centre
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a mid-sized community hospital operating as an acute and complex continuing care facility, providing both inpatient and outpatient services to the residents of Dufferin County and the surrounding area. With a team of over 700 staff and over 160 physicians, we are invested in the health of our community and are continually striving to live out our purpose of being One Community, Caring Together.We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Assistant to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with kindness, passion, courage, and teamwork.
The Laboratory Assistant performs phlebotomy and ECGs, and performs laboratory and clerical activities that do not require interpretation, assessment or the exercise of independent judgment. Demonstrates acceptance of the organization’s philosophy of management. Demonstrates willingness to undertake duties in a friendly, cooperative manner. Demonstrates a caring approach to patients, families, visitors and staff. Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, works as a member of the team in the laboratory, treats others with respect, and promotes team work with laboratory staff, physicians, hospital staff and other customers.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate of approved Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant course or 2 years Lab experience as a Laboratory Assistant
- Experience with accessioning and shipping pathology specimens, addressing specimen issues with the clinical staff, following up on over-due reports, filing of blocks and slides etc.
- OSMT certified or eligible to write OSMT exams or CSLMS certified or eligible to write CSLMS exams
- Must obtain OSMT Certificate or CSLMS Certification within 2 years of start date
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
As per Collective Agreement
This is a temporary position until approximately August 2022.
100 Rolling Hills Drive
1 519 941 2410 2244
Job Posting Link