Mount Sinai Hospital
This is a temporary part-time assignment for approximately 12 months to assist with COVID-19 testing.
The technologist's responsibilities include:
• Performing laboratory procedures in all areas of microbiology
• Accessioning patient samples and performing laboratory tests for serology and molecular diagnostics
• Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment
• Ensuring completion of assigned work
• Preparing accurate reports; participating in educational, safety, and quality improvement programs; observing and following hospital and departmental policies and procedures
• Current General (active practicing) registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
• 1 year recent experience in Microbiology preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of theory, methodology needed to perform duties primarily in Microbiology, Serology and Molecular Diagnostics.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel) (preferred)
• Proficiency in the use of Laboratory Information System (preferred)
• Effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• Exhibit thorough knowledge of theory, methodology needed to perform duties primarily in Microbiology, serology and molecular diagnostics
• Ability to work independently, cooperatively and communicate appropriately well with other staff
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Must be computer literate
• Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
• In accordance with accreditation standards, employment is conditional upon applicant demonstrating proof of visual color discrimination ability pertinent to the essential duties
Up to 24 hours per week, Night shift; 23:30 - 07:30, includes weekend rotation.
Please apply directly through Sinai's career page