Laboratory Technologist, Blood Lab
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), established in 1945, is recognized internationally for excellence in chiropractic education, research and patient care.Vision Our vision is to be an academic institution recognized for creating leaders in spinal health. MissionOur mission is to deliver world class chiropractic education, research and patient care. Our employees have a commitment and dedication to the advancement of health care. We continue to seek talented individuals who make a positive difference in living our vision and mission.
Interested applicants to apply via Career Connector by uploading a CV and cover letter: https://careers.cmcc.ca/
Reporting to the Dean, Clinics, Laboratory Technologist – Blood Lab is responsible for technical instruction, preparation of course materials, case studies, laboratory samples and assessment in their area of instruction. The Laboratory Technologist is expected to have demonstrated expertise in the daily preparation and operation of the Laboratory facility, including equipment and supplies inventory.
• Instructs, reviews and prepares all laboratory course materials for CE4407 including haematology, urinalysis, immunology, clinical chemistry, and phlebotomy.
• Bases teaching methods on knowledge of various learning styles and improve or modifies methods based on peer and student evaluations.
• Ensures students understand and comply with Health & Safety guidelines and standards at all times.
• Is prepared for teaching and ensures learning materials are available. Ensures depth and scope of course are consistent with institution and program outcomes, and meet course learning objectives.
• Advises clinicians, interns, staff and students on laboratory testing procedure costs and interprets laboratory tests.
• Prepares, marks and evaluates practical test material for CE4407. This includes microscopes, prosthetic arms, phlebotomy equipment, urinalysis apparatus, slide preparation and staining, and cholesterol testing system.
• Prepares case studies, collects and analyses laboratory samples.
• Ensures that the assessment questions are appropriate for the learning.
• Analyzes and uses assessment outcomes for improvement of the course.
• Ensures timely delivery of assessment materials.
• Ensures the satisfactory completion of student quantitative requirements.
• Maintains inventory of laboratory equipment and supplies, schedules equipment for maintenance
and repairs, and ensures laboratory is clean, neat and orderly.
• Orders and purchases supplies and equipment in consultation with the Dean, Clinics.
• Provides budget information for capital expenses and supplies for CE4407.
• Coordinates the schedules of the laboratories and/or exams as required.
• Responsible for tracking and/or recording satisfactory student quantitative requirements.
• Performs other administrative duties as required.
• Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technologist and in good standing with regulatory college or equivalency.
• Maintains sufficient and appropriate professional liability coverage through an organization approved by CMCC.
• 2 years of related work experience.
• Experience in an educational institution preferred.
• Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
• Use of laboratory equipment such as microscope, spectrophotometer, and analyzers.
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation and maintenance of a safe laboratory environment.
• WHMIS certified.
• Models professional attributes and the core values of CMCC, Communication, Accountability, Respect & Excellence.
• Demonstrates leadership and teamwork skills and a strong ability to develop relationships and work with multiple constituencies, including students, faculty, and staff and the public.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates strong teaching and mentoring skills.
• Demonstrates a strong customer service orientation.
We thank all candidates in advance, but only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the job posting will be contacted. Successful applicants shall be required to provide original transcripts to validate their academic qualifications as a condition of employment at CMCC.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and CMCC Accessibility Policy, accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request for all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance. Please contact Human Resources at416-482-2340.
In our commitment to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants, CMCC provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other ground as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. CMCC’s implementation and support of employment initiatives encourage diversified labour force participation and equal access to opportunities based on merit and performance.
Human Resources Advisor
6100 Leslie St.