Mammogram / X-ray Technician
At Scarborough Radiologist, it is our mission to provide expedited, efficient and high quality diagnostic imaging services. What sets us apart from other imaging facilities is not only our specialized services and accreditations that we offer, but our friendly staff, highly qualified technologists and accessible Radiologists. Our focus at Scarborough Radiologist is on quality of our work, patient care and physician engagement.
3000 Lawrence Ave East , Scarborough , M1P2V2
Mammography Technologists operate a mammography unit to produce images of the breasts for diagnostic purposes under direction of a physician. They explain the procedure to patients, position and immobilize the patient's breast in unit.
explain procedures to patients and answer questions.
help patients prepare for procedures (when needed)
watch over patients during procedures.
ensure patient comfort and privacy.
interpret physicians' requests for radiological exams.
position patients and equipment correctly
Completion of post diploma from recognized Canadian institution
· Current registration and good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO)
· OAR CBMD certification an asset
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Candidate must be flexible to work daytime, evening and some weekend shifts
· Ability to perform safe operation of equipment, including maintenance and quality control procedures.
· Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment using excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize duties.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with patients, staff, and Radiologists.
3000 Lawrence Ave East , Scarborough ON , M1P2V2