Medical Imaging Sonographer (6-month contract)
Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.Over 80 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on-site and by video consult for individuals, families, and organizations. Our team of 500 staff see clients physically and virtually from our downtown Toronto location.
Medcan’s sonographer functions as a healthcare provider who, working under the delegated authority of the reporting physician, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the requesting physician with the screening, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
The sonographer’s role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic medical sonography services and its various clinical specialties. The sonographer’s work is consistent with his/her education and training and is aligned with Medcan’s policies and procedures and applicable professional standards. The sonographer is a client focused professional with superior organization and time management skills.
- Prepares exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infectious disease, sterilization and patient safety protocols, policies and procedures.
- Reviews patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Ensures that the order (or standing order) is complete and contains relevant information.
- Evaluates any contraindications or insufficient patient preparation and obtains patient’s consent to the exam.
Uses proper positioning tools, devices or equipment adjustment, both for patient comfort and ergonomics of the sonographer.
- Applies independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic sonography procedure(s), and documents all findings.
- Operates the PACS as needed so that the reporting physician may report findings.
- As necessary, acquires additional images to provide a thorough exam, and documents any limitations to the exam.
- Performs quality control procedures and exercises caution to ensure that the equipment operates at optimal levels.
- Ensures that the sonography examination results meet the facility standards for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
Assists with facilitating the flow of patients through the Clinic
- Coordinates with other clinic staff to ensure exceptional delivery of service and client experience
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with co-workers, administrators and members of the health care team.
- Other client service or administrative functions as-needed
- Member of CMRTO
- Completion of a recognized post diploma Ultrasound program or equivalent
- At least one year of recent experience as a sonographer
- Ultrasound ARDMS certification
- Transrectal ultrasound experience is an asset
- Breast imaging experience is preferred
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
This is a 6-month contract role schedule for 40 hours/5 days per week scheduled between Monday-Saturday between 7:00 am and 7:00pm. The role will report to the Manager: Medical Imaging.
40 hour per week
67k-75k annually based on experience
150 York St #1500, Toronto, ON M5H 3S5
Job Posting Link