Medical Imaging Sonographer (Casual/Part time)
Medcan’s philosophy of Live Well, For Life applies not only to our clients, but also our valued staff members. We provide paid Wellness Days along with a variety of programs to help our employees manage their mental and physical well-being. We offer special employee rates on fitness sessions, in-house specialty services, and a complimentary membership to our clinic to name a few.
Medcan is recruiting for Sonographers to join our growing high-performance clinical team. We are seeking an experienced and client focused professional with a great attitude. The role is accountable for the effective delivery of ultrasound procedures for clients during their Annual Health Assessment and other services at Medcan. This role will also assist with facilitating the flow of patients through the Clinic and coordinating with other staff to ensure exceptional delivery of service.
Medcan’s sonographer functions as a healthcare provider who, working under the delegated authority of the reporting physician, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the requesting physician with the screening, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
The sonographer’s role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic medical sonography services and its various clinical specialties. The sonographer’s work is consistent with his/her education and training and is aligned with Medcan’s policies and procedures and applicable professional standards. The sonographer is a client focused professional with superior organization and time management skills.
- Prepares exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infectious disease, sterilization and patient safety protocols, policies and procedures.
- Reviews patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Ensures that the order (or standing order) is complete and contains relevant information.
- Evaluates any contraindications or insufficient patient preparation and obtains patient’s consent to the exam.
- Uses proper positioning tools, devices or equipment adjustment, both for patient comfort and ergonomics of the sonographer.
- Applies independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic sonography procedure(s), and documents all findings.
Operates the PACS as needed so that the reporting physician may report findings.
- As necessary, acquires additional images to provide a thorough exam, and documents any limitations to the exam.
- Performs quality control procedures and exercises caution to ensure that the equipment operates at optimal levels.
- Ensures that the sonography examination results meet the facility standards for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Assists with facilitating the flow of patients through the Clinic
- Coordinates with other clinic staff to ensure exceptional delivery of service and client experience
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with co-workers, administrators and members of the health care team.
- Other client service or administrative functions as-needed
- Member of CMRTO
- Completion of a recognized post diploma Ultrasound program or equivalent
- At least one year of recent experience as a sonographer
- Ultrasound ARDMS certification
- Transrectal ultrasound experience is an asset
- Breast imaging experience is preferred
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
Clinical Talent Acquisition
Job Posting Link