Medical Lab Technologist
Grand River Hospital
Are you a Medical Lab Technologist looking for a new professional challenge? We are hiring at Grand River Hospital!At Grand River Hospital (GRH), our people are essential! We’re one of Ontario’s largest community hospitals, providing patient-centred care to Waterloo Region, Wellington County, and Southwestern Ontario, and we couldn’t do it without our 3,600+ highly skilled and dedicated team members, over 600 professional staff (such as physicians and midwives) and over 1,000 volunteers.Grow your career at Waterloo Region’s largest hospital and be part of a progressive organization full of great opportunities with a culture that values compassion, innovation, and a positive attitude. GRH is a place where you can truly make a difference – one patient at a time
Medical Lab Technologist – Multiple positions; may be available in various Labs: Core Lab, Histology, Cytology, Clinical Microbiology, Transfusion Medicine
• CMLTO / CSMLS certified Medical Laboratory Technologist or working towards certification.
• Candidates who have completed their Medical Laboratory Program and are awaiting exam results may be hired into an MLT position. These candidates will be hired under non-registered MLT status and will convert to MLT status upon demonstration of CMLTO registration.
• Proficiency in the use of Laboratory Information System using the Cerner Millenium module is preferred
• Proficiency in the use of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred
• Molecular experience or formal molecular education is preferred
• Good performance track record
• Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuing education
• Good attendance record