Medical Lab Technologist – Cytogenetics
London Health Sciences Centre
Posting Number: 60003 Open: March 7, 2018 Deadline: April 7, 2018 There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you'll want to add your own reasons to the list!• Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities• A Shared Leadership Model• A Leading-Edge Environment• International Acclaim• On-Site Wellness CentreTogether we care, we learn, we discover.
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine- Molecular Diagnostic Laboratories
Applications are invited for the Medical Laboratory Technologist position in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cytogenetics. The Cytogenetics Laboratory provides testing for chromosomal aberrations and gene rearrangements causing developmental disorders and malignant diseases. The Medical Laboratory Technologist will perform Classic, Molecular Cytogenetic procedures and Molecular Genetic procedures in accordance with written Laboratory protocols and Provincial Licensing Regulations under the general supervision of the Section Head.
Rate of Pay: $30.89 per hour - $41.40 per hour
• Current registration or eligible as a Medical Laboratory Technologist with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario with authorization to practice relevant specialties in Clincal Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics
• Certification with C.S.M.L.S or equivalent
• Recent work experience with the following:
o Preparation of all cytogenetic sample types
o Chromosome analysis by light microscopy
o Fluorescence in situ hybridization (F.I.S.H.) technology
o Demonstrated knowledge of Microarray technology (aCGH)
o Demonstrated knowledge of QF-PCR and Q-PCR technologies
• Proven ability to summarize results and complete reports in an accurate and timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume workload environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated computer literacy (i.e. Cerner, MS Office)
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability & willingness to work as part of a team and to collaborate, develop and maintain effective relationships within healthcare teams
• Conforms to all laboratory safety regulations, and works in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient family centred care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
$30.89 per hour - $41.40 per hour
London Health Sciences Centre foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that an internal reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
To apply please visit the careers page of our website at: http://www.lhsc.on.ca/Careers/LHSC/