Medical Lab Technologist – Genetics – Full-Time – Flexible Shift – Toronto
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist – Genetics to join our team in Toronto, Ontario.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Carry out a diverse range of work activities; ensure all duties and responsibilities are handled with accuracy and efficiency to provide quality results.
• Perform all aspects of sample processing, including DNA extraction, using a variety of advanced genetic laboratory applications.
• Prepare, perform, and analyze a variety of molecular diagnostic techniques, including: Sanger Sequencing, MLPA, Real-time PCR, MassArray Genotyping, and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
• Interpretation of analytical results.
• Complete duties following policies and procedures as documented.
• Identify incidents and non-conformances; participate in developing effective corrective action plans, and escalations as appropriate.
• Ensure confidentiality of patient information.
• Use personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, lab coats) as specified in EHS procedures.
• Ensure appropriate handling and inventory levels of laboratory supplies.
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
• Maintain membership in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
• Maintain and demonstrate technical competence.
• Perform assigned diagnostic testing including Quality Control, Quality Assurance, equipment maintenance, proficiency testing, Quality Management, following LifeLabs procedures.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of test results, recognize discrepancies and take appropriate action.
• Observe and report poor results or equipment malfunctions to designated senior staff.
• Perform self-audits and submit procedural revisions.
• Participate in continuing education opportunities.
• Stay informed and in compliance with all safety regulations as they relate to the laboratory environment (i.e. WHMIS, TDG, waste disposal, LifeLabs Safety manual).
• Keep up to date with information shared through the different modes of communication (e.g. memos, LifeLabs Policies, LifeLabs Procedures (SOPs),etc. ).
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
• CMLTO registration with certification in Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics.
• Clinical Genetics Technology post-graduate diploma.
• Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
• Good computer skills and knowledge.
• Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
• Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
Please email your Resume to Chantelle.May@lifelabs.com
Talent Acquisition Specialist