Medical Lab Technologist II | Nights
Interior Health is one of five regional publicly-funded health authorities in BC. With more than 21,000 employees and nearly 1,900 physicians on our team we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Whether you desire to be near the Rocky Mountains, in the Kootenay Boundary, enjoying the Okanagan Valley vineyards, or experience the scenic Thompson Cariboo region, we have a place for your!
Kamloops, Royal Inland Hospital
Are you a passionate Medical Laboratory professional looking for a rewarding career opportunity? We have a Medical Laboratory Technologist II opportunity at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC. This is a permanent part-time night-only position. Days of work are rotating and shift times are 23:15-07:15.
We are committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work-life balance are promoted within the team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in our region.
About the job:
MLTs work in a supportive, team-based environment and perform a variety of duties within the assigned discipline department. Your responsibilities will include:
• Performing routine and/or complex tests, utilizing manual procedures and automated instruments
• Entering data into the Lab Information System (LIS), related systems and programs
• Validating and reporting test results
• Maintaining instruments, preparing solutions and control agents
• Contributing to training, evaluation and improvement programs
What we offer:
We offer welcoming workplaces along with a range of benefits, services and policies to support you at every stage of your career.
• Competitive pay and shift premiums
• Generous relocation assistance
• Employer-paid vacation starting at 4 weeks
• Employer-paid insurance, health and dental benefits
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Education and development opportunities
About this location:
The Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is one of Interior Health Authorities tertiary referral hospitals and the Lab at RIH is one of our largest and most interesting. This is a full-service Laboratory offering Chemistry, hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Histopathology, Microbiology and Point of Care testing. The Lab employs a very large team of generalist and specialist Technologists who deliver both inpatient and outpatient Lab services utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our professional Lab team, work collaboratively with other departments throughout the hospital and other Interior Health sites.
Community Profile: Kamloops is known as a four-season adventure playground, where you can enjoy long hot summers and milder winters. With a population of 90,000 Kamloops offers all the amenities of a big city including great restaurants, a lively arts scene, shopping, businesses, wonderful parks and recreation facilities as well as easy access to spectacular winter sports at Sun Peaks Resort.
• Graduation from an approved Medical Laboratory Science Program and current certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS.
• Two (2) years recent related experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
$35.62 - $44.47
APPLY ONLINE: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/ViewJobPosting/1938457?ReturnUrl=%2fJobSearch%2fs-1938457%2f0-0-0-10-0-false-0-5
Job posting #01938457
Job Posting Link