Medical Laboratory Assistant
The Opportunity:Our client, a leading Canadian laboratory, is looking to hire multiple full-time, permanent Medical Laboratory Technician (MLA) for a leading laboratory-based in Brampton, ON. The incumbent will be responsible for the collection of specimens for the Laboratory while adhering to SOPs, ensuring quality control, technical efficiency, and patient privacy & confidentiality under the Ministry of Health and other government regulations. The MLA will report directly to the Specimen Collections Manager.
• Input all patient and test information for MOH requisitions
• Ensure all proper documentation for samples are collected, recorded, and processed
• Process all specimens, which includes receiving, sorting, labelling, separation, etc.
• Handle STAT, verbal, critical, and special instructions as required
• Manage and report any potential adverse incident(s) or concern(s)
• Process, prepare, and transport all specimen collection for transportation and analyses
• Responsible for follow-up on any missing samples, documentation, results, etc.
• Comply with laboratory guidelines, SOPs, and other regulatory guidelines
• Graduated from an accredited Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent
• Experience with specimen processing
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent data entry skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• MLPAO/OSMT certification is considered an asset
Day Shift; Afternoon Shift; Night Shift
Life Sciences, Talent Acquisition Lead
205-600 Bay St.