Medical Laboratory Technologist- Core Lab
Brant Community Healthcare System
Brant Community Healthcare SystemsWhen you join Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you’re joining a community with over 130 years of making a difference in the lives of patients and families throughout Brant County. At BCHS, we value accountability, equity, respect and compassion. This is where patients come first!We would be nothing without our great people who deliver outstanding care and customer service every day. That is why BCHS strives to make this is a great place to work. We believe in recognizing and rewarding our teams, supporting continuing education and ongoing meaningful opportunities for growth and development.This is a great time to consider joining BCHS! We are starting a new chapter, come be part of our story.
Reporting to the Technical Specialist, Core Lab, you will be responsible for ensuring high quality patient focused care through accurate and timely laboratory analysis
• Active CMLTO Certificate, including Hematology, Biochemistry and Transfusion Medicine
• Understands the principles and has the ability to perform analytical techniques on patient specimens using established protocols.
• Self-starter who has the ability to work well with frequent interruptions in a fast paced medical setting. Highly developed organization skills and the ability to multitask.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills with technologists and other professionals in the workplace.
• Experience with a laboratory information system to include accurate and efficient data entry skills. Other computer experience, Microsoft Office an asset.
• Position requires repetitive motion, lifting, pulling, pushing and standing for extended periods of time.
• Reliable individual with excellent attendance record and able to work all shifts
Primary responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
Based on Experience
The Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is an equal opportunity employer. The BCHS is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, the BCHS provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.
To submit your application, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Recruiter, Human Resources
200 Terrace Hill Street, Brantford, Ontario N3R 1G9
519-751-5544 extension 4732