Medical Laboratory Technologist – Molecular Services – Full Time
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Bayview Campus, Toronto, ON
The MLT Molecular position will provide technical and subject matter expertise and will be adept at monitoring and trouble-shooting quality issues for all the molecular technologies used in the clinical molecular diagnostic laboratory with all specimen types for all divisions of lab medicine.
The individual will contribute effectively as a member of the lab team to ensure that the day to day operational requirements are met efficiently. Collaborates and communicates effectively with technical staff, medical, scientific, management, and internal and external users with a customer focus. Seeks opportunities to improve services by identifying and evaluating technological enhancements; using LEAN/Six Sigma principles for efficient workflow and continuous quality improvement.
• Current licensing with CMLTO in Genetics, Cytogenetics and Molecular - required
• Previous clinical laboratory experience required with training in NGS and Cytogenetics preferred
• Testing requirements utilizing DNA and RNA from a full range of sample typesrequired
• Demonstrated ability to provide accurate patient results under strict timelines
• Strong theoretical and practical knowledge for effective trouble-shooting - required
• Demonstrated knowledge of good molecular lab practice - required
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with individuals at all levels and in all disciplines
• Required to work in a dynamic, busy environment with good organizational skills
• Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office including Excel and Powerpoint