Medical Laboratory Technologist/ Phlebotomist
Medcan Health Management Inc
Established over 25 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes. Over 65 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 350 staff sees clients physically and virtually from our downtown Toronto location.
We are recruiting for a Casual Medical Laboratory Technologist/ Phlebotomist to support the laboratory departments at the Medcan Clinic. We are seeking a client focused professional with a great attitude. This position requires a medical background, strong communication skills, high energy and enthusiasm, an attention to detail and an outstanding level of client service skills.
Here are the main functions of the role:
• Performs routine equipment maintenance following documented procedures.
• Performing, interpreting and releasing results, while ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
• Ensures all quality control checks and standards are maintained.
• Ensures that all samples are properly labeled and identified before testing.
• Identifying incidents and non-conformities, participating in the development of effective corrective action plans, escalating as appropriate and driving continuous improvement.
• Performing phlebotomy.
• Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
Experience and Skills:
• College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
• CMLTO registered.
• Phlebotomy experience.
• Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
• Good computer skills and knowledge.
• Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
• Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
Saturdays and casual hours from Monday-Friday
This is a casual position that will be scheduled from 0- 40 hours per week during business hours 7:00am -7:30pm Monday through Saturday. The role reports to the Laboratory Team Lead or as designated at 150 York Street.
The position comes with an attractive total compensation package including a competitive base rate, a comprehensive benefits plan and a genuine opportunity to grow at one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies. The position also offers outstanding health and wellness benefits through Medcan's Live Well program.
We can offer you a great working environment and an opportunity to let your excellence shine. In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail email@example.com with their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format.
Lab Team Lead
150 York Street, Suite 1500, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 3S5
416.350.5900 ext. 8392