Medical Laboratory Technologist – Temporary Part-time – Oakville
Halton Healthcare is an award winning healthcare organization comprised of three community hospitals and numerous community-based services in the growing urban and rural communities of Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville. Reflecting the dynamic communities we serve, we take pride in offering some of the finest technology and healthcare expertise available in southwestern Ontario.Our hospitals - Georgetown Hospital, Milton District Hospital and Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital - are very much a part of Halton's rich history and have a long-standing tradition of providing quality care to many generations of area families. Together, we serve a population of almost 400,000 residents.
Responsible for all duties in the Biochemistry, Hematology and Transfusion Medicine departments.
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
• Recent experience of 3 - 5 years in a "core lab" environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Biochemistry, Hematology, and Transfusion Medicine
• Familiar with routine automated equipment
• Ability to work effectively as a collaborative member of a team.
• A positive attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
• Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Monday - Sunday, various rotating 7.5 hour shifts - days, evenings, and nights (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
3001 Hospital Gate