Medical Radiation Imaging Technologist
Canadian Vascular Laboratories
At Canadian Vascular Laboratories we provide state-of-art imaging services. We have general sonography, MSK, NT, echocardiography, and vascular screenings available.We are a fast-growing company; striving for excellence in diagnostic imaging. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. Together, we can achieve the highest quality patient care.
Sonographers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the facility. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• ensuring correct patient identification (e.g., confirmation of patient name, DOB, examination to be performed, and physician authorization is present).
• ensuring that patient examination media contains patient name, ID#, date of examination and type of examination.
• ensuring clinical history is supplemented if not available by the referring physician.
• explaining the procedure to the patient.
• instructing the patient to remove only the clothing and items that will interfere with the procedure, providing the patient with a gown or sheet to cover areas where clothing was removed and explaining to the patient when and where the MRT may touch him/her and why.
• adhering to infection control policies.
• ensuring the technologist’s signature/initials are on the requisition
• records are maintained of unusual occurrences, reactions, etc.
• correct anatomy is displayed on film/accuracy of positioning.
• digital image is correctly marked with the correct date, name, and ID# to match the requisition.
• adequate contrast and density on exposed imaging media; corrective action is taken if required.
• door to the examination room is closed during ultrasound exams
• The candidate must be registered (or eligible) with CMRITO
• Must have undergone formal training or be a graduate of a diagnostic medical sonography accredited ultrasound program in General or Vascular Ultrasound, and registered with ARDMS or Sonography Canada
• will be a member in good standing of the CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation Imaging Technologists of Ontario) and will provide proof of membership
• will maintain current CPR/AED, WHMIS and Infection Control (PHO) certification
• will participate in continuing medical education courses that are relevant to specific testing
• will maintain evidence of participation in these programs
• will complete a set training program
• will sign a confidentiality agreement to ensure discrete and safe handling of patient health information will attend Quality Assurance meetings twice a year
• will maintain instrumentation to a safe and accurate standard
• will review company policies and procedures on a regular basis
30-40 hours a week
Business Development Manager
535 Mulock Drive, suite 300
905 953 9044 ext 286