Medical Radiation Technologist
The University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry
Exciting new advances and global challenges are radically reshaping the field of dentistry. Our vision at the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto is to not just address and respond to these changes – but to thoughtfully and conscientiously shape the field of the future.With our robust and comprehensive educational training programs (DDS, MSc, PhD degrees, IDAPP and other specialty programs), our emphasis on community outreach and care, and our internationally known and interdisciplinary research mission, the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto continues to earn its reputation as one of the top dental schools in North America. Throughout more than 140 years of dental education -- the oldest, largest and most comprehensive training program in Canada -- we have striven to graduate the highest quality of students while providing the public the highest standards of care.We are driving by our vision to improve health by advancing dentistry through inspired leadership, innovation, and excellence in education, research and practice.
124 Edward Street, Toronto ON M5G 2L3
In this position, you will be reporting to the Manager of Diagnostic Services and providing radiologic imaging services in oral and maxillofacial radiology for patient care and research purposes, which may include image acquisition and acquisition-related services, and image quality control to comply with the Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics and best practice guidelines of the CMRTO. Responsibilities may include daily testing of 2D and 3D CT machines, preparing rooms for CBCT appointments, creating and updating patient charts, preparing insurance forms and financial adjustment forms, entering advance image requests to patient charts and processing advance image requests. As a mandatory requirement of this position, you will also be providing administrative services as directed for patients, both in person and on the telephone, accessing and entering data on the Clinic Management system in order to retrieve patient information, entering fees and booking appointments. You may also assist in special assignments and other duties in the Faculty that are related to imaging.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Updating and maintaining patient charts
- Scheduling appointments
- Applying established standards when administering biological and/or medical imaging
- Using an assessment checklist when performing sample quality control testing
- Keeping well-informed on current technologies, best practices and industry standards
- Liaising with service provider to coordinate the resolution of technical/administrative issues
- Following rules and procedural processes related to Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
- Providing safety training and ensuring compliance to occupational safety precautions
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) Medical Technology Program with a period of supervised practical training required or Bachelor of Health Sciences in Radiography, Nuclear Medicine or Radiation Therapy, or acceptable combination of equivalent experience. Current registration and license with the CMRTO (College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario). Must also have current CPR.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a medical imaging department.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, and effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in close association with others and to collaborate as part of a team.
- Must have highly developed organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and a commitment to delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Proven ability to produce high quality images for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be patient, compassionate, self-critical, and detail oriented.
- Manual dexterity. Ability to work quickly and accurately. Detail oriented.
- Experience with intra-oral imaging and extra-oral and cone beam (CT) imaging.
- Experience with Axium or comparable information system.
- Experience in the dental field, encompassing all aspects of dentistry.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Possess a positive attitude
- Team player
36.25 hours per week
Please note that this position is a 1-year term position.
Faculty of Dentistry HR Office
124 Edward Street, Toronto ON M5G 2L3
Job Posting Link