Medical Radiation Technologist Clinical Extern
St. Joseph's Health Centre - Unity Health Toronto
The Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) clinical extern will be working as part of an interdisciplinary team in the capacity of an unregulated health care provider. The clinical extern practices under direct and/or indirect supervision of the regulated health care professionals (MRT or RN) assigned to them and externs are not permitted to perform any controlled acts. Some of the Clinical Extern’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Work in collaboration with regulated and unregulated health care professionals in their assigned clinical area
• Assist with patient positioning & repositioning (ex. Stretcher, imaging bed, wheelchair) including transferring patients to and from imaging table and transporting patients to and from entrances/exits
• Facilitate patient navigation of changing rooms, belongings, gowns, etc.
• Administer screening forms (MR Safety Questionnaire, contrast, etc.) under supervision of regulated staff member
• Assist with the departmental duties such as answer calls, restock supplies, running supplies and booked patients to medical imaging
• Equipment - Assist staff with equipment quality control tests, sanitization of equipment and linen management
• Liaises with appropriate members of the care team to identify patient care needs
• Reports patient observations to appropriate member of the care team (Ex. comfort or safety factors)
• For MRI, maintain MR safety for all patients, visitors, staff, and equipment while in the MR Environment as per department policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned to support the care team
• Candidates must have previous clinical experience or currently enrolled in: Radiological Technology (Y3), Nuclear Medicine (Y3), Ultrasound (Y2), and MRI (Y1 and Y2) academic program
• Minimum availability of 1 shift per week (preference for 2-3)
• Day, evening, nights, weekend shifts available. Flexible availability is preferred.
Part-time hours to a maximum of full-time hours (37.5 hours per week). The scheduling of these hours will be determined based on unit needs and may include day/evening/night and weekend shifts.
If interested, please apply online at: https://unityhealth.to/get-involved/work-at-unity-health/employment-opportunities/
Job Posting Link