Medical Radiation Technologist (CT/X-Ray)
Scarborough Health Network
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.caWe are also proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2022!
Reporting to the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating patient care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centred care environment. The Registered Technologist (MRT) will be responsible for the complete range of tests and procedures related to General Radiography as well as full-line Computerized Tomography (CT), patient information registry and report preparation, equipment maintenance, and other duties as relevant.
The successful candidate will be working across all three hospital locations.
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario – Radiology
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a hospital setting in Radiography and minimum 1 year experience in full-line CT.
- Successful completion of IV contrast media injection course
- Valid CPR certification
- Training in cross sectional anatomy
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide service excellence and patient focused care
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and utilize critical decision making skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of -Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- C.A.M.R.T. registration
- Successful completion of the CAMRT CT certification is preferred. Candidates who are currently working towards their CAMRT CT certification will be considered. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will complete this certification as soon as possible.
- Experience in IV contrast administration
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.
Please apply directly on www.shn.ca/careers (Job Number J1122-0825)
SHN Recruitment Team
2867 Ellesmere Rd, Scarborough, ON M1E 4B9
Job Posting Link