MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST- DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING (X-RAY)
The Technologist is responsible for producing radiographs and storing images and recording them as required to complete examinations requested by medical staff in accordance with the procedures set out in appropriate manuals; assisting the Radiologist in the performance of their procedures and ensures patient comfort and safety; maintaining technical competence as required under the College guidelines and the requirements of the C.A.M.R.T. and/or O.A.M.R.T.; rotation into other radiographic modalities; and completion of other related duties as required.
* Successful completion of a recognized Diagnostic Radiography program;
* Must have CMRITO licence;
* Demonstrated knowledge of all radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations, photographic techniques, pathology and record keeping required to operate in the Diagnostic Imaging Department;
* Proven ability to use varied X-Ray and ancillary equipment to provide high quality diagnostic images for the Radiologist;
* Proven effective communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
* Proven ability to assess requests and prioritize them to ensure excellent and prompt patient care;
* Proven ability to adapt standard work procedures to emergency situations;
* Must be able to work all shifts on short notice, take stand-by call and be on site within 30 minutes;
* CAMRT membership, preferred;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-services in this area; and;
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard;
TEMPORARY PART-TIME-Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends/On-Call; 8 Hour shifts (subject to change)
$32.99 - $44.22 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and OPSEU Local 348.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Lakeridge Health is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to preventing the transmission of COVID 19 infections among Lakeridge Health team members and our patients. Lakeridge Health team members involved in direct patient care should consider it their responsibility to provide the highest standard of care, which includes receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine. New Lakeridge Health team members will be required to provide proof of vaccination during their Post-offer/Pre-employment Health Assessment, subject to the Human Rights code. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak, work restrictions may be implemented for unimmunized team members.
Lakeridge Health HR
Lakeridge Health HR
1 Hospital Ct
Job Posting Link