Medical Radiation Technologist – General X-Ray
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
Welcome to SickKids. We look forward to receiving your application for our Medical Radiation Technologist in X-ray opportunity!
Don’t miss a great opportunity to join our award-wining organization. SickKids has been voted one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 8th year in a row. We’ve been recognized as a top employer for young people, a top family friendly employer, and a top employer in the GTA. Newsweek Magazine also ranked SickKids as the top paediatric health-care centre in the world for 2022!
We are looking for qualified MRTs to join our team.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
• Produce optimal images on the request of a qualified physician in accordance with established guidelines, standards, and procedures.
• Assess patient clinical information from the requisition or direct conversation with the ordering physician and determine whether the study ordered is appropriate.
• Identify patients accurately by checking name bands or confirming names with outpatients.
• Ensures patient confidentiality as per hospital guidelines.
• Maintain accurate computer and image records including all required patient and exam information.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge with hospital and departmental emergency procedures, infection control, and universal procedures.
• Responsible for patient care and comfort and providing a safe and clean environment. This includes appropriate handling of fractures/injuries in an appropriate manner and special handling of patients with tubes, drainage devices, etc.
• Adhere to all Government and Departmental safety policies and procedures, including following the ALARA principle (“As Low as Reasonably Achievable” in terms of radiation exposure).
• Participate as a team member to ensure smooth workflow within the department and between patient programs and services.
• Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all equipment and reporting and documenting equipment failures.
• Keep up to date with all equipment changes, protocols and policies by reviewing communication books.
• Maintain quality control procedures following departmental standards.
• Assist in orientation/training of new staff.
• Participate actively in teaching student technologists and in providing student performance assessments.
• Attend seminars/lectures to maintain professional knowledge and meet the required Quality Assurance requirements as dictated by CMRITO.
Here’s What You’ll Love:
- A focus on employee wellness with our new Staff Health and Well-being Strategy. Self-care helps us support others.
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- A flexible remote hybrid work environment.
- The opportunity to make an impact. Regardless of your role or professional interest, you’ll be making a difference at SickKids and contributing to our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Successful completion of an accredited program in Medical Radiation Technology (B.Sc. or diploma program).
• Registered with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO).
• Member of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
• Good technical skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with children.
• Proficiency with computers.
Employment Type; Full-Time (1.0FTE) x 4 positions available
555 University Avenue
Job Posting Link
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)website